Nowadays the word ‘Innovation’ seems to appear in every organisations Values or Mission Statements! …and we are, probably, claiming that our Business Processes are ‘Innovation in Action’… but is that three words…or two? 🙂
To see the current and true definition of the word ‘Innovation’ – we have to consider the individual elements and understand the 3 Attitudes which constitute true Innovation.
This workshop is facilitated by an ex European Vice President of 3M – who, according to Tom Peter’s Best Selling Book “In Search of Excellence” – “3M is the BEST COMPANY in the World for Innovation.”
Delegates will learn some fascinating insights into companies who have mastered the art of innovation: 3M, Apple, Nike, several leading Local Authorities and NHS Foundation Trusts and will hear best practice examples of Innovation and Creativity across every Sector.
Having worked for 3M for 25 years as a Divisional European Vice President and being responsible for the rolling out of LEAN/Six Sigma Business Improvement strategies across their European Operation, he has a fascinating insight into HOW 3M “do” Innovation. In Tom Peter’s Best Selling Book “In Search of Excellence” – Peters’ identified a number of companies who he felt had excelled in specific disciplines. E.g. FedEx for their Logistics, Disney for their consistent “Best in Class” ratings for Customer Service – and he cited 3M as being “the best company in the World for Innovation”. 3M is a $35bn global conglomerate with 50% of its annual sales being made from products which had only been launched in the previous 18 months – a ‘financial testimony’ as to the culture of innovation and the leadership and followership principles which lie at the heart of 3M’s success.
This workshop provides insights into the secrets of creating a Culture where Innovation and Empowerment Thrive.
Upon the publication of Tom Peter’s Book – 3M fielded MANY telephone calls from organisations who asked if 3M were prepared to share “Best Practice Principles” as to the secrets of 3M’s outstanding innovative culture – and I hosted Senior Management Teams from many global corporate organisations at 3M – e.g. Hewlett Packard, IBM, Motorola, Nokia, Coca Cola, British Telecom, Siemens, LG Electronics, Motorola, Jaguar, Ford, Land Rover, Honda etc.
Applying the principles of Peter Senge’s Fifth Dimension and his 10 Successes for creating a Culture of Innovation, this workshop includes fun and practical activities to challenge the delegates to “think differently”.
Our Innovation Specialist was also invited to Disney, Florida and Warner Brothers to present Keynote Speeches on Innovation – and the title of his presentation was “Innovation is DEAD…and we Killed it!” …which, although quite a provocative title! – it captured the imagination and caught the interest of hundreds of delegates who attended those sessions. (For the record…. Innovation is NOT dead… 😊 … but we see so many organisations who are guilty of killing off innovation within their employees and companies.)
Now, in his role within Mobile Team Challenge he is invited to help organisations from MANY sectors with their Organisational Development and Strategies and he usually starts by asking them what their Vision and Mission Statement is. From experience over 90% of the organisations have the word “innovation” somewhere in their Statements – however – a large proportion do not have an accurate definition of the meaning of the word “innovation”. Having worked closely with the Edison School of Innovation in Arizona for a number of years – their priority was to arrive at the ultimate definition of “innovation” and the 3 attitudes it embraces. These are the attitudes that we cover in our workshop – along with 3M’s Principles of Innovation and the ‘encouragers and stiflers’.
- Learn how to create a culture of Innovation within their Teams.
- Learn the impact of Leadership Styles: Are they encouraging or stifling innovation?
- Learn how to overcome the “Blame Culture” which kills innovation.
- Consider the 3 Attitudes required for Innovation to Thrive
- Learn the secrets of Innovation from 3M, Apple, Nike, Local Authorities and Several NHS Foundation Trusts
- Explore the 10 Success Factors for Innovation to Thrive
- Consider the 7 Principles to Encourage Innovation:
– Separate Idea generation from evaluation
– Test Assumptions – Don’t Assume
– Avoid Patterned Thinking – Shifting that Paradigm!
– Creating New Perspectives
– Minimise Negative Thinking and apply Positive Psychology
– Applying the 3 attitudes of Innovation
– Choosing the Correct leadership Style and Culture
- Learn how to Leverage Innovation to achieve Competitive Advantage
- Applying Solution Focussed Thinking Solutions with Appreciative Inquiry
- Explore the impact that LEAN Thinking, Six Sigma and Kaizen Continuous Improvement processes have on Innovation
- Creating Shared Visions embracing creativity and innovation
- Learn how to optimise their Decision Making and Creative Thinking processes with Edward DeBonos 6 Thinking Hats Concepts
- Consider Peter Senge’s Fifth Discipline Insights – How to create a Culture of Innovation and Learning
CLICK HERE to Download an Overview of this inspirational workshop
4 Modules of 90-minute Zoom Sessions at £45.00+VAT per person per module. Includes workbook, relevant slide decks and a CPD Certificate in Innovation.
What is Employability Training?
In brief… it increases your chances of securing a job by developing your “commercial attractiveness” to prospective employers.
In a world ravaged by a pandemic, redundancies and an increasing unemployment market – give yourself a competitive advantage and increase your employability.
While there will always be job-specific skills that an employer is looking for, most recruiters will also want you to have some general skills. These general job skills are sometimes called “employability skills” or “soft skills”. Employability training identifies the job candidate’s employability skills, combines them with improved self-awareness, and prepares them for their job search.
During the lockdown, HM Government seconded Mobile Team Challenge’s CEO to participate in an All Party Parliamentary Group Think Tank focussed on “mitigating the unemployment crisis caused by the Covid Pandemic’.
As a consequence of this APPG, Chancellor, Rishi Sunak launched the KICKSTART Scheme – which included:
- Accredited Employability Skills Development for all people looking for a job.
- Incentives for Employees to take on “work-ready” people who have attended “Employability Training” Workshops
Having employability skills can help you get a job. They can also help you stay in a job and work your way to the top. Our Employability Workshops are designed to give you the best chance to gain employment whilst increasing your Self-Awareness, Self-Confidence, Decision Making, Emotional Intelligence, Self-Motivating Skills and Personal Wellbeing.
Whether you are looking for a new job, or an apprenticeship or traineeship or if you just want to increase your employability by earning a CPD Certificate in a new Skill – then this workshop is for you.
Why not add a CPD Accredited Qualification to your existing CV whilst in lockdown or on furlough to prevent “Skills-Fade”?
Question: Which of the skills below are the most critical to be developed when looking for employment?
Answer: …ALL of them!
This Employability Workshop will develop ALL of these Skills
- Increased Confidence for Interview skills
- Increased Decision-Making – Choosing the right job
- Increased Self-Motivation, Optimistic and Positive
- Ability to persuade and lead people
- Ability to cope with change
- Increased Social-Skills & ‘Others’ Awareness
- Ability to be pro-active and organised
- Ability to cope with uncertainty with strong wellbeing
- Increased Self Awareness of Strengths & Personality
- Increased overall presence and professionalism
- “We need to be our own leader and change the way we think to get out of the circle of concern and into the circle of influence. It was helpful, useful and actually quite exciting”
- “Was good, managed to learn something I didn’t know about self-awareness”
- “This has changed by view on how to perceive a mistake”
- “My mind is blown. Its changed part of my perspective on life. Its changed my view of failing.”
- “It’s changed my view of thinking. When you see something as bad there is always a positive to it.”
- “It’s given me perspective over my future and think about what I need to do to get there”.
- Circle of concern: “This really opened my eyes and made me see more than just one thing”
- “I feel much more positive about returning to school and more able to deal with any problems”
- Matrix: “I found all of the work helpful but really liked the matrix, it has really helped to make me more organised when working”
- Black dot: “This made me realise there is so much more around than one thing and made me feel more positive about things”
- “The black dot made me realise there are a lot of positives when previously all I had thought about were the negatives”
If you need to increase your employability skills in a highly competitive job-market place – we can help…click below or call us on 0844 745 2120, we’d be pleased to talk to you.
OR …this might be a good time for you to consider becoming Self Employed?
…but perhaps you are not sure how to go about it…?
Our CBI Qualified Consultants can you advise you on all aspects of Setting Up your Own Business – or if you already have a business that has been badly affected by the pandemic and you need to “do something different…” but you’re not exactly sure…what? – then we can also offer this support via Zoom online sessions.
- How to maintain a positive mindset during a pandemic
- Starting your own Business – Business & Marketing Planning, identifying your USP’s and Added-Value, Pricing Strategies, Values, Mission & Vision Statements, Choosing your Channels to Market, Promotional Activities
- Understanding Business Franchise Models
- Full Business Start-Up Mentoring Online
- Pivoting your current offering to become covid-compliant
- Need help / advice with your current Business
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation…at its finest!
COST: £35 + VAT per Workshop x 3 – 90 Minute Workshops = £105.00 + Personalised 32-Page BPS Emotional Intelligence Profile Report @ £35.00 + VAT
OR… a 32-page Personal E.I. Profile and a 1-hour 1-to-1 Feedback Review = £45 + VAT
OR …this might be a good time for you to consider becoming a self-employed Mobile Team Challenge Platinum Partner
click below to find out more
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) can be described as an approach which draws from positive psychology and storytelling, to create an “alignment of strengths” that render weaknesses irrelevant (Peter Drucker in TEDx Talks, 2014), hence empowering individuals and facilitate the resolution of given problems to enact desired change.
By using a strengths-based approach of inquiry throughout an organisation, AI helps individuals, teams and businesses become sources of positive change in the world, showing by example, that even the largest businesses and organisations can lead positive innovations to improve the lives of employees, customers, suppliers and communities.
The Launch and Further Development of Appreciative Inquiry.
Initially developed at Case Western Reserve University’s department of Organisational Behaviour, Appreciative Inquiry was initially created in 1987 by David Cooperrider and Suresh Srivastva. Since 2000, the original founders of Mobile Team Challenge, Rainey Weisenburger and Cheri Torres, have been working with David Cooperrider in the application of A.I. to experiential learning concepts and the ongoing development of the concepts and have authored several books with Cooperrider.
In the early 2000’s Mobile Team Challenge held several, national, Appreciative Inquiry Conferences in the UK and were one of the original initiators of A.I. into the UK.
Called “the best large-group method in the world today,” AI stands out among other Organizational Development theories due to its scalability and generativity. AI methods have been demonstrated to:
- Increase profits, while at the same time improving the world.
- Show businesses the bigger picture, including their place in the world from a sustainability point of view.
- Allow employees to be more creative and to have more buy-in with the company’s strategic plans.
- Improve efficiency and output due to the revitalized commitment and enthusiasm from both employees and management for the company’s mission.
- Engage entire communities in creating improvements in their region.
- Work across all types of organisational sectors, from for-profit to the social sector.
AI helps organisations discover the values of their stakeholders and create an aligned vision and mission based on those values. Through the process, organizations can discover key strengths, new product or service opportunities, cost savings and increased earnings. Appreciative Inquiry not only produces better results, but happier people.
Managers and leaders face complex challenges and the need for change on a regular basis. Most of the strategies we have used in the past for problem-solving and decision-making, however, are inadequate for handling complex problems and continuous change. How do we manage problem-solving and change in today’s world?
Whole System Engagement
One of the most widely-used approaches for complex problem-solving is ‘appreciative inquiry’ (AI). AI is a strengths-based practice that engages whole systems in searching for the best of what is, dreaming what might be, designing pathways to live into dreams, and co-creating the future through cycles of action and learning. What makes AI unique is its grounding in social constructionism. This is the notion that we create our social systems through our shared conversations and meaning-making. At some point in the past, we created the current system as our best guess for what would support success. If the current system is no longer supporting success, we can redesign it by having a conversation worth having. Two simple appreciative inquiry practices make this possible: ‘generative questions’ and ‘positive framing’.
A ‘generative question’ is one that changes the way people think. It creates a compelling image that inspires new possibilities and action. These questions inspire us to think outside of our ordinary frame and to challenge our assumptions.
The second practice is ‘positive framing’: focus on what you want—the desired outcome(s) instead of the problem. For example, instead of focusing on fixing low performance, study high performance. What are high- performing teams doing that could be replicated? Instead of fixing turnover issues, have conversations with those who are engaged and committed. What can you learn from them?
The Appreciative Inquiry Leader
Creative ideas and solutions emerge in appreciative and inquiry-based conversations. These two AI practices enable teams to respond effectively and with agility to both complex challenges and continuous change. And a manager’s capacity to create high performing cultures is enhanced by using these practices to foster ‘conversations worth having’ anytime, anywhere, and in any situation.
The applications of Appreciative Inquiry are numerous:
- Advanced Reviewing Techniques for Experiential Learning Activities for Individuals and Teams
- Solutions-Focussed appreciative conversations for use in counselling, coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Key Account Development and Sales Enablement interactions
- Strategic Planning and Vision-Setting days
- Conflict to Collaboration – Conflict Resolution Interventions
- Interventions with Offenders / Prisoners
Applications of AI within the UK delivered by Mobile Team Challenge
- 38 NHS Foundation Trusts (4,000 NHS employees trained to date) have used AI Strategic Planning sessions to “Dream” the perfect “10 out of 10” of Patient Experience Excellence
- 50+ RAF, Army, Navy and MOD Tri-Services locations totalling 5,500+ military employees have been trained in Appreciative Inquiry Facilitation, Team Working and Appreciative Leadership.
- The BBC commissioned MTC in 2007 to design a Vision for 2020 where AI concepts were utilised to “Dream” the BBC’s 15 year plan. We are still seeing many of the plans from the 2007 planning session coming to fruition – e.g. the moving of the BBC Sports Department to Manchester and the consideration of removal of the “licence fee” are just 2 of the “dreams” which were created during our session.
- 30+ of MTC’s Local and Central Government Customers have utilised AI for Culture Change and Strategic Planning during our workshops
- Almost 50 HMP Prisons, Young Offenders and Home Office initiatives (e.g. Knife Crime Community Action Groups etc) have been trained to utilise the 5 D’s of AI to great effect with one particular AI programme resulting in a case where 15 prisoners have not re-offended over 3 years after attending the MTC sessions. (Further information of AI in Prisons and detention centres can be found here https://mtceurope.co.uk/sectors/prisons/)
- Identify and learn how to apply and teach the principles of Appreciative Inquiry
- Identify how to deliver Strategic Planning and Visioning Days using these inspiring techniques
- Identify the positive outcomes by applying AI to Conversations, Performance Reviews, Interventions and Coaching Sessions
- Learn techniques which are motivational and inspirational
- Practise how to facilitate a Strategic Planning and Visioning Workshop utilising the AI principles
- Learn how to “Dream” and “Design” Strategic Planning Action Plans and SMART Goals
- Learn how to create and use Generative Questions
- Learn the 5 Principles of AI – The Constructionist Principle, The Poetic Principle, The Anticipatory Principle, The Positive Principle, The Simultaneity Principle and the power of the Positive Core
- Explore the unleashing potential of positive reframing and learn hot to create winning behaviours and mindsets
- Identify how we can achieve the “positive mindset” in the Workplace
- Learn the tools to “Discover, Dream, Design and Deliver” efficient Culture Change programmes
- Learn how to deliver David Cooperrider’s Appreciative Inquiry Model
SO….whether you are looking for a Train the Trainer Course to learn how to deliver Strategic Planning… or Positive Reframing… or Appreciative Coaching… or Conversations Worth Having… or Professional Intervention Skills or Appreciative Advanced Facilitation skills – please contact us and we would love to talk to you about your specific requirements.
Likely Cost: £ 895 per group of 15
As a facilitation technique, Appreciative Inquiry involves articulating questions that reveal positive potential within groups and individuals. As a Strategic Planning tool it builds on the positive core of your organisation and enables your team to anticipate, recognise and amplify its potential. AI Effectively is a powerful vehicle for accelerating change and inspires high energy team commitment, innovative solutions, increased motivation and improved morale grounded in existing organisational goals and best practices.
A recent survey by The Change Lab has explored the Impact of Organisational Change and Employee Wellbeing in the Workplace. Even before the life and business-changing Covid-19 pandemic, many “change programmes or initiatives” were failing due to the lack of employee “buy in” to the new Strategic Vision or Culture Change projects.
The Survey highlighted that it’s not the amount of change that employees experience, but it is the leadership approach that spells the difference between languishing or flourishing in change; and that instead of fear, depletion, and stress, human beings can—and often do— thrive in transition.
The Survey also highlighted the following:
- People don’t resist change, but they resist being changed;
- We need an evolutionary leap forward in our ability to successfully manage change;
- The kinds of changes that are based on strengths and the newer “inquire-and-invite” approaches instead of the industrial age “tell-and-control” leads to significant For example, people who worked for leaders who implemented changes by inquiring-and-inviting were more likely to be consistently thriving or living well despite struggles, than people who worked for leaders who used “inquire-and-control” or “tell-and-invite” approaches.
- That rates of change success can move towards a 9:1 positive success rates—and that it’s time to aim higher beyond ordinary change
This workshop facilitates a “step by step” approach to identify what your “NEW NORMAL” should look like and utilises the newer “inquire-and-invite” approaches in order to arrive at a shared vision which has ultimate buy-in by an energised team of employees.
- Suitability: Strategic Planning
- Breakthrough Strategic Thinking Techniques
- How to move from Current State to Future State
- Visioning Days – Tools to create a Shared Vision
- Utilising the revolutionary SOAR! Concepts – identifying individual and team Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations and measurable Results
- Featuring Disney’s Creative Strategy – “Living the Dream”
- Implement SOAR in context
- Work From a Deep Appreciation for Strategy and Strategic Planning.
- Unleash the Strengths in Your Own or Client Organisations.
Discover Opportunities: Present and Emergent.
- Create Bold Images of the Most Preferred Future.
- Identify Individual and Organisation Aspirations that Support that Future.
- Create Innovative Strategies for Achieving Your Vision.
- Define Measurable Results.
- Connect with Others Who Are Using SOAR®.
- Draw from Other Organisations Who Have Used SOAR® Successfully.
- Creating High Performance Teams
This workshop has a step-by-step format equipping you to take your team through a cultural change programme. Either in “Train the Trainer” format so we can equip you and your staff to facilitate the process or MTC Specialists can run the sessions for you on site. A well facilitated ‘change workshop’ delivering a positive result has a massive positive impact on the Organisation as a whole, the individual Teams and Departments within the Company and wellbeing of an energised and motivated workforce.
David Cooperrider – The Founder of Appreciative Inquiry – said…. “Appreciative Inquiry is a way of THINKING, SEEING and ACTING to bring about powerful, purposeful, change. Focusing on the Positive and Desired Future results and not the negative past results.”
Whether you are a Learning and Development Facilitator, a Leader of Change or responsible for Strategic Development and Direction within your Organisation or a member of the Senior Management Team who are considering what culture your Company should have post pandemic, the Principles of Appreciative Inquiry are vital for the professional development of your employees, teams and departments and organisations in our current times. Email us now for your in-house A.I. Workshop and Strategic Planning / Visioning Day
Click Here for an Overview of our Appreciative Inquiry Workshop
Likely Cost: £895 per Group of 15
Mobile Team Challenge combines Appreciative Inquiry Summit strategies with internal coaching teams to create whole systems change that sustains itself.
How can organisations change at the speed of imagination? Skilled facilitation of Change Management using Appreciative Inquiry results in high-energy collective buy-in at all levels of the organisation along with the enthusiasm, motivation, and energy to move forward quickly. Through collaborative inquiry and strategic visioning, organisations, teams, and individuals unleash the human energy and imagination necessary to spark powerful innovations and radically transform their future. Implement the revolutionary new concept of Breakthrough Strategic Thinking; The outcome? Your organisation will experience improved motivation and morale with results that are grounded in organisational goals and current best practices.
“Equipping for Change”
“…We are living in Extraordinary Times, and Extraordinary Times require Extraordinary Measures…” so said Hamlet…
“…If you always do what you always did… you’ll always get what you always got…” …so said Einstein
Sadly the above statement is no longer true in the case of Woolworths, British Home Stores, Saab and MFI…etc
The current climate dictates that we all need to do something different, and even perhaps something, “extraordinary”, this year in order to maintain, and to further improve, our performance of our individuals, teams and organisations.
This workshop on “Equipping for Change” will prepare us for the future challenges and adventures and will answer some Frequently Asked Questions… such as:-
- Why do we resist Change?
- How can we take a different approach to Change?
- How can we make ourselves more adaptable to Change?
- How can we develop a personal “Coping with Change Strategy”?
- How can we become involved in designing the “new”?
- How can we move from a “Let Go” to a “Let’s Go!” position?
- How do we get to feel “more in control” through Change?
- How can we learn to embrace change and accept it?
- How can we overcome our natural resistances to Change?
- How do we build a Positive attitude through Change?
- What are the 7 habits of Highly Effective People during Change?
- How can I get a better understanding of the emotional effects of Change?
- How will I know what is expected of me during Change?
…as someone once said… “..organisations don’t change …. PEOPLE do…”
The Workshop will be interactive and will include some Group Tasks on “Change”
David Cooperrider – The Founder of Appreciative Inquiry – said…. “Appreciative Inquiry is a way of THINKING, SEEING and ACTING to bring about powerful, purposeful, change. Focusing on the Positive and Desired Future results and not the negative past results.”
Whether you are a Learning and Development Facilitator, a Leader of Change or responsible for Strategic Development and Direction within your Organisation, the Principles of Appreciative Inquiry are vital for your professional development in our current times.
Click Here for an Overview of our Professional Change Facilitator Training utilising Appreciative Inquiry
Lean / Six Sigma is a unified approach to achieving improved performance, which, when correctly deployed, will drive continuous improvement, or even dramatic step changes in performance, and will be a major enabler in achieving the goal of becoming an “Outcome Focussed Organisation”.
From integrating quick pace transformational change to maximising customer value whilst minimising waste, the Lean Continuous Improvement principles create the Winning Behaviours and Attitudes across the “people and processes” across any organisation.
“We must become far more disciplined in managing project programmes with less dependency upon a few key individuals and more systematic and rigorous approach to project and programme delivery across the whole organisation” …
– this is a strategic Statement of Intent which we hear on a daily basis from many organisations, and the implementation and practice of the transforming 5 Principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement are the perfect vehicle to achieve this desire.
In the current political and economic climate there is a focus on public services to DO MORE WITH LESS – i.e. to become more efficient. NHS Foundation Trusts, Government Departments and Local Authorities are in the process of working on the detail of how budget cuts will be implemented.
Important improvement methodologies at the disposal of Public and Private Sectors is LEAN & Six Sigma – which can deliver many significant benefits, efficiency increases and savings.
Click Here to Download our Overview of LEAN / Six Sigma Workshops
Likely Cost: £895 per Group of 15 per Day