How Neuroscience Helps Us Understand the Mind, Brain and our Emotional Intelligence
Just as computers are hard-wired with electrical connections, the brain is hard-wired with neural connections. These connections link together its various lobes and also link sensory input and motor output with the brain’s message centres, allowing information to come in and be sent back out.
One major aim of current neuroscience research, then, is to study how this wiring works and what happens when it’s damaged. New developments in brain scanning allow researchers to see more detailed images and determine not only where there may be damage but also how that damage affects, for instance, motor skills and cognitive behaviour in conditions like PTSD, Stress, Performing under Pressure, our Emotional Intelligence and our overall, well-being.
This virtual workshop covers:
- Working through Trauma What is Trauma.?
- Trauma is simply trapped emotional energy from one’s past such as ones childhood or even a few months ago it gets stored in the body and thus becomes trapped emotions. Normally in a traumatic event, a huge amount of energy is made available in our bodies so that we can deal with that event.
- These energies take up space and distort the vibration where they are trapped, eventually leading to not only a disruption in the organs and tissue in that area, but globally in the whole body and often we become overwhelmed – shocked – and the energy that should be there to help us becomes frozen and stuck. Having ‘nowhere to go’, this trapped energy results in symptoms such as: exaggerated emotional reactions, and extreme mood-swings, Sleeping poorly, Panic attacks, Flashbacks and nightmares, Numbness and lack of feelings, Unexplained medical disorders, Muscle tightness and pain, Headaches, Chronic fatigue, Psychosomatic illnesses, Skin problems, Digestive problems, lack of motivation, depression.. etc.
- Managing The 5 F’s of Trauma: 5 hardwired responses to trauma: fight, flight, freeze, flop, and friend. In a moment of danger, these responses all happen automatically to try to keep us safe.
- Understanding the impact of the Kubler-Ross Change Curve – working through the 5 Emotional feelings of Grief
- Reframing our Thoughts – Positive Psychology / Thinking Tools
- Creating Winning Behaviours and Attitudes and a Positive Outlook
- Gaining the psychological advantage by applying neuro-science
- Building our Emotional Resilience
- Harnessing the power of the brain to increase Innovation and Creativity
- Improved Decision-Making Skills
- Developed Neuro-Leadership Skills
Today’s leaders need a deeper ability to communicate and influence in order to drive higher levels of accountability and productivity on their teams. In this highly interactive neuro-leadership training workshop, we will explore how neuroscience can be applied to leadership and challenge each participant to consider how embracing new leadership methods will enhance and support the rapid growth of them as individuals and of their Group / Team or Organisation.
Understanding the neuroscience behind making a decision can be helpful when targeting new behaviours and changing bad habits. When you reach a fork in the road and need to make the right decision for your long-term health and well-being, using the brain science behind decision-making is a useful tool.
Decision-making is in the locus of your control. You have the power to break patterns of behaviour simply by making better decisions. You can change your mind and your actions at any time. Even when you’re stuck in a cycle of rut-like thinking and behaviour, a change of attitude and decision-making can turn your life around.
Keep taking your self-medicated Happiness Pills!
YES!…you really CAN improve your well-being and happiness by neuro-discipline by educating your brain to produce these mood-changing chemicals… on-demand
For further information, please call us today on 0844 745 2120 or contact us by clicking below
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
The Harvard Business Review has hailed emotional intelligence as
Leadership research tells us that the lack of interpersonal skills and the inability to adapt are the two principal derailment factors in leadership careers.
With leaders in organisations spending up to 80% of their time talking and understanding others, changing the nature of how people communicate and work with each other can be the single most powerful way a leader can bring about performance breakthroughs.
Using Business Emotional Intelligence assessments combined with MTC Experiential and Accelerated Learning Techniques in our Leadership Programme enable organisations, of all sizes, to address leadership challenges such as:
- “Our senior management are not demonstrating the calibre we need to lead our future business...”
- “Post-merger the leadership team is struggling to work together…”
- “We need to build the skills of our operational leadership to embrace our changing workplace…”
- “New leaders have to be effective from day one in their role as a senior executive in this business…”
- “Founders of the business need to develop their leadership to match the people and sales growth…”
Emotional Intelligent assessments combined with Daniel Goleman’s leadership model provide a rich picture of the skills, capabilities and financial potential of an organisation’s talent.
Business Emotional Intelligence assessments for leaders provide:
- Benchmarks against 5000 international leaders
- Feedback on 8 critical emotional drivers and behaviours that predict success
- A map to a leader’s most authentic leadership style (Visionary, Coaching, Democratic Commanding…)
- Insights into blind spots that stop leadership potential
- A blueprint to shift leaders’ ability to deliver results that achieve different outcomes.
- A common language for developing and expanding the whole leadership culture to enhance global performance.
Lead Yourself, Lead your Team and Change your Culture by developing your Inter and Intra Personal Awareness
The Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Programme
Our bespoke programmes, matched to your needs, assesses leadership capability and provides a supportive forum for leaders to quickly learn, reflect and grow.
A typical approach delivered online or face to face would include:
- Leadership Assessment & Coaching – 1 to 1 leadership capability assessment and development.
- Leadership Masterclasses – Discover how the best leaders transform teams & organisations.
- Building Authentic Leadership Sessions – A series of interactive sessions to explore how to use leadership to deliver different outcomes.
- Leading a Team – Practical workshops that explore how leaders empower teams to change how they work together.
This programme enables organisations to assess their talent and boosts leadership capability by practically exploring the attitudes, mindset and behaviours that make leaders successful, whilst providing them with the tools and skills, to empower, inspire and influence people to maximise their potential and performance.
Distinctive Benefits and Outcomes
The success of this approach is the ability for our Facilitators (Fellow of Leadership and Management ) to design a bespoke programme to suit your needs; from Aspiring Leaders and New Supervisors to Middle, Senior and Executive Management and Senior Leadership based around 90-day wave cycles of change that:
- Informs and benchmarks an organisation’s leadership talent and where to focus their investment
- Focus on helping participants to ‘learn by doing’, whilst building capability and new emotional behaviours
- Use live examples of issues to experiment with new emotional behaviours and focus on actions generating results
- Implement a series of reinforcing and embedding ‘nudges’ to develop and embed new behaviours (e.g. short cycle coaching, peer trios, relevant videos and reading material for deeper learning).
- Identify your preferred Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Style
Do you know what your natural Emotional Intelligence Leadership Style is?
Click Here to see if the video will help your Self awareness
Is that any clearer for you now?…if not…you can complete a British Psychological Society Emotional Intelligence Profiling Questionnaire and you will receive a 32 page Personalised E.I. Leadership Profile and one of our professional Coaches and Mentors will spend an hour over the telephone or Zoom coaching you on its full meaning for you.
Click Here to book a personalised E.I. Leadership Coaching Session
By focusing on the inter-personal and intra-personal we shift leaders’ capability to deliver different outcomes by providing:
- Better self-insight & personal responsibility for leadership performance.
- Better decision making and risk assessment.
- Enhanced communication & cultural awareness.
- Increased mental toughness.
- More efficient teamwork.
- More effective organisations.
- Better business results!
Click Here to see a sample of an Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Personal Profile
This 2-Day, CPD Accredited Workshop is £1,495 + VAT- for up to 12 delegates, in-house Plus £40 per person for a 32 page British Psychological Society accredited personalised Emotional Intelligence profile.
Personal Development for Traineeships and Work Experience Opportunities
Whether it be our children or our Young People whose lives have been challenged by Covid-19, the application of the principles of Emotional Intelligence and Positive Psychology can provide a healthy emotional and wellbeing character in all ages.
If it is the equipping of our young students for examinations and career choices or creating ‘work-ready’ Trainees and Students for the Workplace, our wellbeing, stress resilience, emotional intelligence and positive psychology interventions can equip a Student to become “work ready” and our Coaching of the Student can be continued at their work experience employer – ensuring winning behaviours and attitudes.
Contact us today to hear about our CPD accredited Young People Personal Development programmes.
Click Here for an overview of our Employability Programme
Increasing Employability Skills
Mobile Team Challenged have been seconded onto an All Party Parliamentary Group Think Tank to discuss the growing concern of Young People unemployment. In the light of Covid-19, Government statistics are suggesting that “unemployment within 18-25 year old could be as high as 2 million by the end of 2021”. There is also a concern over the forecast that “we are expecting a tsunami of well-being and mental health issues” as the circumstances accumulate and leave our young people facing a “perfect storm of negative influences”. The Group is hosted by MP Barry Sheerman and Chaired by Simon Kelleher, Head of Education & Skills and is tasked with creating an implementing strategy for the Chancellors’ Kick Start Job Scheme .
It is becoming critical that we help mitigate these effects by developing the “employability skills” within the Young People looking for Apprenticeships and Traineeships (as per The Chancellor’s KICKSTART programme) – and as SME’s, Business Owners etc it is vital that we CREATE opportunities within our Organisations to offer our Young People an opportunity to take a first step on their career journey by offering them employment. Mobile Team Challenge are currently coaching Students to get them “work ready” in Colleges, Universities and DWP initiatives – and are offering on-going support and coaching for them to every employer who takes on a young person. Contact us for details.
Bridging the gap between “Student Life” and “Work Life” can be a significant challenge to a Student entering the “commercial world”. The transition from “Student Mind Set” to those required in the world of Commerce can be immense. Whilst many Students, prior to Work Placement or Full Time Employment, will have experienced an element of ‘team-working’, ‘shared visions and corporate goals, vision and mission statements and ‘lower-case p’ Politics, the immersion into a commercial world takes these to the next level and can sometimes be over-whelming to learn how to thrive in their new cultural setting.
Our online programme is the perfect preparation for any student about to embark on work placement interviews or full time employment. The application of emotional intelligence and the social skills covered in this programme will be invaluable to the Students to support them in the transition. Through the development of Self-Awareness the Students will embark on a journey: Understanding Yourself – Understanding Others – Understanding Life / Organisation and Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence concepts are key to a successful transition from ‘academic to commercial’.
Click Here to see a Sample Programme – we would be happy to create a programme specifically for your students
The Emotionally Intelligent Student
Delivering Student Experience Excellence at your University / College
Are you providing “Value for Money” for your Students?
The current squeeze on funding, the increase in competition, the greater demands for excellence from Students who now have a greater choice where to gain their education, revealing NSS league tables, the increasing fees – all demonstrate that the Further and Higher Education Sector has possibly never known such “extraordinary times” as those in which we are living today – confirmation then that “extraordinary measures” are required.
As Universities across the Country begin to focus more on commercial strategies as the competition increases it is vital that your University delivers Service Excellence and outstanding Student retention and satisfaction levels in order for their offering of further education to remain competitive and for the students to perceive that they have received good “Value for Money” in the face of Students fees increases.
In a competitive Higher Education Market, it is essential that any differentiator of courses offered or product is leveraged to its maximum in order to gain the advantage.
When services and products become similar – it is the excellence of the Service offered which plays a major deciding influence. But when the day arrives when every University offers Student excellence – it will be the Universities who can offer the “next level of service” who will sustain their success.
It is their experience which Students will remember and talk about to others.
This Workshop focuses on how to apply Disney’s culture of Service Excellence into our Student’s Journeys. It covers an in-depth analysis of every “Moment of Truth” where a Student or a Potential Student can form an opinion of your College or University based on their experience and it prepares a strategic “Analyse, Fix / Improve, Measure” process of Student-Facing activities in order to ensure Student Experience Excellence. The workshop looks at WHY? Disney has won the award for Best in Class for Customer service for over 30 years. We explore the Principles of the Magic Kingdom and take in the award winning FISH! video as we focus on Student Experience Excellence. Delegates will compete a Service Improvement Plan during the workshop. Creating a Culture of Student Experience Excellence What IF ……. Disney ran your University?
Disney has won the “Best in Class” Award for their Customer Service Principles for the last consecutive 40 years
Now these principles are delivering excellence within Further and Higher Education Establishments across the UK
Measuring your Students Experience – NSS The “bar” for Student Service Excellence and Experience is getting higher each year for Universities to achieve.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England reported that: “Students are more satisfied with their experience at UK universities or colleges than at any time in the eight years of the National Student Survey (NSS), with 86 per cent saying they are satisfied overall with their course in this year’s survey.”
This inspirational and motivational 1 day workshop will explore:
- The 10 Things that Disney would do differently if he ran your University
- The 9 Principles of Service Excellence – How does Disney “DO” Customer Service?
- The 6 Keys to the “Magic Kingdom”
The workshop will be interactive with group and experiential activities
Doing it like Disney – Universities Challenged!
What if…we did things Differently? …and What if…Disney ran your University?!
- Who are your ‘Customers’ and the Stakeholders of your University?
- Who are your Competitors?
Experiential Activity: Paradigm Shifter – Thinking Differently about Student Service
Seeing Your University through the eyes of a Student
- “Moments of Truth” – Jan Carlsson SAS – We only have ONE opportunity to make a FIRST Impression on our Students…what would their first impression be?
- Identifying our Competitors and our Clients / Partners
- How do our “Touchpoints” impact our Students’ “Moment of Truth”?
- Seeing our University through the eyes of our Students.
- Identifying areas for improvement for Student Satisfaction within our “Touchpoints”
- Is our University really offering “Value for Money” to our Students?
- Self-Audit – How does our University measure up now? – Current State
- Creating a Culture where Kai-Zen (Continuous Improvement) Thrives
Group Activity: Student Touch-Points – Mapping the Student Experience
Sprinkling the “Magic Kingdom” Dust: Disney’s Service Principles
- The 10 Things that Disney would do differently if Disney ran your University
- Disney’s Award Winning’ Service Principles of Service Experience Excellence
- What are our Service Standards for “Student Experience Excellence?”
- How do our OWN Levels of Service Excellence Stack Up??
Group Activity: A Self Audit
Creating a Culture of Innovation and Service Excellence within your University
- How DO those guys do it? – Best Practice Principles of Innovation
- Apple / Nike / 3M / HP / Disney / Harvard
- Defining and applying the 3 ingredients of REAL Innovation into your University
- Apollo 13 – Definition of Innovation – Video
Student Experience Excellence requires Functional Team Working
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team – Working as a Functional Team for our Students
10 Lessons of Teamwork – from The Geese – Video
- Applying Winning Behaviours and Attitudes to our Student Experience
- DeBono’s Thinking Hats – Understanding Challenging Personalities
Experiential Activity: Levitation Challenge
Identifying and Understanding Personality Types
- The ABC of Managing difficult Student Behaviour
- Transactional Analysis, Neuro–Linguistic Programming: Professional Communication Techniques
Experiential Activity: Navigating the Impasse
Designing the ’10 out of 10′ Student Experience of Excellence at our University
- Utilising the Appreciative Inquiry and the Disney Creative Strategy to design a Student Experience of Excellence. Delegates will map the Student Journey of the Future and will identify specific ‘Improvement Projects’ for the delegates to be involved with and to implement post-workshop.
What does Student Service Experience Excellence Look Like?
- The Disney Creative Strategy – designing the Perfect 10 Student Experience Excellence
- Dreaming the Student Service Experience of Excellence
Group Activity: The Perfect Student Experience Excellence Outcome – Future State – using Appreciative Inquiry
The 4 Principles of Achieving the Student Excellence Experience – FISH! DVD
- Choose your Attitude
- Make their Day
- Be There for them
The FISH video / DVD has gone on to be the best selling training video/DVD of all time. Here is an extract from the Pike Place Fish web site: “For us it means going beyond just providing outstanding service to people. It means really being present with people and relating to them as human beings. We take all our attention off ourselves to be only with them…looking for ways to serve them. We’re out to discover how we can make their day. We’ve made a commitment to have our customers leave with the experience of having been served. They experience being known and appreciated whether they buy fish or not. And it’s not good enough just to want that – it takes an unrelenting commitment. We’ve made it our job to make sure that experience happens for every customer.”
These same FISH! Principles are now being applied to Universities and Colleges throughout the UK
Click Here for a Preview of this Award Winning Video – FISH!
Workshop Outcomes – Delegates will:
- Be inspired and motivated to shift their personal paradigm for Student Experience Excellence
- Consider your University through the eyes of a Student and create an Action List of improvements
- Learn the 3 vital ingredients to create a culture of innovation within your University
- Learn the 10 things which they would do differently…if Disney ran their University
- Explore Disney’s Principles of Service Excellence and Continuous Improvement and learn how to apply them to their University
- Create the “perfect Student Experience Excellence service” utilising Appreciative Inquiry Planning tools
- Learn how to build and/or contribute to high performance teams within the University
- Consider the relevance of breaking down silos in order to achieve Student Experience Excellence through the efficiency of Functional Teamwork
- Complete a Self-Audit of their own perceived Service competencies
- Explore Professional Communication Tools to enhance Student Service levels
- Consider the Service Principles of FISH! – the Award Winning DVD on Service Excellence and apply them to your University
- Be awarded with a CPD Certificate in Customer / Student Experience Excellence
Click here to download an overview of this inspirational workshop: Creating Student Experience Excellence.
The cost of this module is £895 + VAT for groups of up to 12 delegates. This cost includes all preparation, materials, workbooks and trainers expenses.
The above workshop is also available on-line and is delivered over Zoom or Teams over 4 x 90 minute sessions
Click Here to see the online Zoom format