Online Emotional Intelligence
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Do you know what your natural E.I. Leadership Style is?
Leadership research tells us that the lack of interpersonal skills and the inability to adapt are the two principal derailment factors in leadership careers. This module outlines the 6 E.I. Leadership Styles and gives an overview of the 8 E.I. Behaviours.
The Harvard Business Review has hailed emotional intelligence as “a ground-breaking, paradigm-shattering idea, one of the most influential business ideas of the decade.”
Emotional intelligence or EI is the ability to recognise, understand and handle your own emotions, and those of the people around you. A development of Self Awareness and Other Awareness makes E.I. the critical personal development tool for those wanting to excel at Leadership and those wanting to create or participate in High Performing Teams. People with a high degree of emotional intelligence know what they are feeling, what their emotions mean, and how these emotions can affect other people.
Leadership research tells us that the lack of interpersonal skills and the inability to adapt are the two principal derailment factors in leadership careers.
With leaders in organisations spending up to 80% of their time talking and understanding others, changing the nature of how people communicate and work with each other can be the single most powerful way a leader can bring about performance breakthroughs.
Using Business Emotional Intelligence assessments combined with MTC Experiential and Accelerated Learning Techniques in our Leadership Programme enable organisations, of all sizes, to address leadership challenges such as:
- “Our senior management are not demonstrating the calibre we need to lead our future business...”
- “Post-merger the leadership team is struggling to work together…”
- “We need to build the skills of our operational leadership to embrace our changing workplace…”
- “New leaders have to be effective from day one in their role as a senior executive in this business…”
- “Founders of the business need to develop their leadership to match the people and sales growth…”
Emotional Intelligent assessments combined with Daniel Goleman’s leadership model provide a rich picture of the skills, capabilities and financial potential of an organisation’s talent.
Business Emotional Intelligence assessments for leaders provide:
- Benchmarks against 5000 international leaders
- Feedback on 8 critical emotional drivers and behaviours that predict success
- A map to a leader’s most authentic leadership style (Visionary, Coaching, Democratic Commanding…)
- Insights into blind spots that stop leadership potential
- A blueprint to shift leaders’ ability to deliver results that achieve different outcomes.
- A common language for developing and expanding the whole leadership culture to enhance global performance.
Lead Yourself, Lead your Team and Change your Culture by developing your Inter and Intra Personal Awareness
The Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Programme
Our bespoke programmes, matched to your needs, assesses leadership capability and provides a supportive forum for leaders to quickly learn, reflect and grow.
A typical approach delivered online or face to face would include:
- Leadership Assessment & Coaching – 1 to 1 leadership capability assessment and development.
- Leadership Masterclasses – Discover how the best leaders transform teams & organisations.
- Building Authentic Leadership Sessions – A series of interactive sessions to explore how to use leadership to deliver different outcomes.
- Leading a Team – Practical workshops that explore how leaders empower teams to change how they work together.
This programme enables organisations to assess their talent and boosts leadership capability by practically exploring the attitudes, mindset and behaviours that make leaders successful, whilst providing them with the tools and skills, to empower, inspire and influence people to maximise their potential and performance.
SO….What kind of Leader are you??!
…or … what is your Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Style?… are you a:
- Affiliative Leader
- Democratic Leader
- Commanding Leader
- Pacesetting Leader
- Visionary Leader
- Coaching Leader
…. or a combination of all 6 styles?…and do you know when to use each style in any given situation?
Have you ever profiled your entire Senior Leadership Team to identify what their natural leadership style /culture is?
The perfect Team has a collaborative combination of all 6 dominant styles and many organisations are using our E.I. profiling in recruitment exercises in order to ensure that the E.I. balance of the Team is always optimised.
Click Here to read about Daniel Goleman’s Six Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Styles
- Informs and benchmarks an organisation’s leadership talent and where to focus their investment
- Focus on helping participants to ‘learn by doing’, whilst building capability and new emotional behaviours
- Use live examples of issues to experiment with new emotional behaviours and focus on actions generating results
- Implement a series of reinforcing and embedding ‘nudges’ to develop and embed new behaviours (e.g. short cycle coaching, peer trios, relevant videos and reading material for deeper learning).
- Identify your preferred Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Style
Delegates will participate in an on-line British Psychological Society Emotional Intelligence profiling which will create a personalised 29-page report.
- Better self-insight & personal responsibility for leadership performance.
- Better decision making and risk assessment.
- Enhanced communication & cultural awareness.
- Increased mental toughness.
- More efficient teamwork.
- More effective organisations.
- Better business results!
On a scale of 1-10…Do you REALLY know how good you are at the 8 Emotional Intelligence behaviours below?
COST Per Person: £45 + VAT per Workshop x 5 – 90 Minute Workshops = £225.00 now includes a Personalised 29-Page BPS Emotional Intelligence Profile + 1-to-1 Coaching Feedback
OR… a 29-page Personal E.I. Profile and a 1-hour 1-to-1 Feedback Review = £65 + VAT