Getting Students “Work-Ready”
Personal Development for Traineeships and Work Experience Opportunities
Whether it be our children or our Young People whose lives have been challenged by Covid-19, the application of the principles of Emotional Intelligence and Positive Psychology can provide a healthy emotional and wellbeing character in all ages.
If it is the equipping of our young students for examinations and career choices or creating ‘work-ready’ Trainees and Students for the Workplace, our wellbeing, stress resilience, emotional intelligence and positive psychology interventions can equip a Student to become “work ready” and our Coaching of the Student can be continued at their work experience employer – ensuring winning behaviours and attitudes.
Contact us today to hear about our CPD accredited Young People Personal Development programmes.
Click Here for an overview of our Employability Programme
Increasing Employability Skills
Mobile Team Challenged have been seconded onto an All Party Parliamentary Group Think Tank to discuss the growing concern of Young People unemployment. In the light of Covid-19, Government statistics are suggesting that “unemployment within 18-25 year old could be as high as 2 million by the end of 2021”. There is also a concern over the forecast that “we are expecting a tsunami of well-being and mental health issues” as the circumstances accumulate and leave our young people facing a “perfect storm of negative influences”. The Group is hosted by MP Barry Sheerman and Chaired by Simon Kelleher, Head of Education & Skills and is tasked with creating an implementing strategy for the Chancellors’ Kick Start Job Scheme .
It is becoming critical that we help mitigate these effects by developing the “employability skills” within the Young People looking for Apprenticeships and Traineeships (as per The Chancellor’s KICKSTART programme) – and as SME’s, Business Owners etc it is vital that we CREATE opportunities within our Organisations to offer our Young People an opportunity to take a first step on their career journey by offering them employment. Mobile Team Challenge are currently coaching Students to get them “work ready” in Colleges, Universities and DWP initiatives – and are offering on-going support and coaching for them to every employer who takes on a young person. Contact us for details.
Bridging the gap between “Student Life” and “Work Life” can be a significant challenge to a Student entering the “commercial world”. The transition from “Student Mind Set” to those required in the world of Commerce can be immense. Whilst many Students, prior to Work Placement or Full Time Employment, will have experienced an element of ‘team-working’, ‘shared visions and corporate goals, vision and mission statements and ‘lower-case p’ Politics, the immersion into a commercial world takes these to the next level and can sometimes be over-whelming to learn how to thrive in their new cultural setting.
Our online programme is the perfect preparation for any student about to embark on work placement interviews or full time employment. The application of emotional intelligence and the social skills covered in this programme will be invaluable to the Students to support them in the transition. Through the development of Self-Awareness the Students will embark on a journey: Understanding Yourself – Understanding Others – Understanding Life / Organisation and Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence concepts are key to a successful transition from ‘academic to commercial’.
Click Here to see a Sample Programme – we would be happy to create a programme specifically for your students
The Emotionally Intelligent Student
Delivering Student Experience Excellence at your University / College
Are you providing “Value for Money” for your Students?
The current squeeze on funding, the increase in competition, the greater demands for excellence from Students who now have a greater choice where to gain their education, revealing NSS league tables, the increasing fees – all demonstrate that the Further and Higher Education Sector has possibly never known such “extraordinary times” as those in which we are living today – confirmation then that “extraordinary measures” are required.
As Universities across the Country begin to focus more on commercial strategies as the competition increases it is vital that your University delivers Service Excellence and outstanding Student retention and satisfaction levels in order for their offering of further education to remain competitive and for the students to perceive that they have received good “Value for Money” in the face of Students fees increases.
In a competitive Higher Education Market, it is essential that any differentiator of courses offered or product is leveraged to its maximum in order to gain the advantage.
When services and products become similar – it is the excellence of the Service offered which plays a major deciding influence. But when the day arrives when every University offers Student excellence – it will be the Universities who can offer the “next level of service” who will sustain their success.
It is their experience which Students will remember and talk about to others.
This Workshop focuses on how to apply Disney’s culture of Service Excellence into our Student’s Journeys. It covers an in-depth analysis of every “Moment of Truth” where a Student or a Potential Student can form an opinion of your College or University based on their experience and it prepares a strategic “Analyse, Fix / Improve, Measure” process of Student-Facing activities in order to ensure Student Experience Excellence. The workshop looks at WHY? Disney has won the award for Best in Class for Customer service for over 30 years. We explore the Principles of the Magic Kingdom and take in the award winning FISH! video as we focus on Student Experience Excellence. Delegates will compete a Service Improvement Plan during the workshop. Creating a Culture of Student Experience Excellence What IF ……. Disney ran your University?
Disney has won the “Best in Class” Award for their Customer Service Principles for the last consecutive 40 years
Now these principles are delivering excellence within Further and Higher Education Establishments across the UK
Measuring your Students Experience – NSS The “bar” for Student Service Excellence and Experience is getting higher each year for Universities to achieve.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England reported that: “Students are more satisfied with their experience at UK universities or colleges than at any time in the eight years of the National Student Survey (NSS), with 86 per cent saying they are satisfied overall with their course in this year’s survey.”
This inspirational and motivational 1 day workshop will explore:
- The 10 Things that Disney would do differently if he ran your University
- The 9 Principles of Service Excellence – How does Disney “DO” Customer Service?
- The 6 Keys to the “Magic Kingdom”
The workshop will be interactive with group and experiential activities
Doing it like Disney – Universities Challenged!
What if…we did things Differently? …and What if…Disney ran your University?!
- Who are your ‘Customers’ and the Stakeholders of your University?
- Who are your Competitors?
Experiential Activity: Paradigm Shifter – Thinking Differently about Student Service
Seeing Your University through the eyes of a Student
- “Moments of Truth” – Jan Carlsson SAS – We only have ONE opportunity to make a FIRST Impression on our Students…what would their first impression be?
- Identifying our Competitors and our Clients / Partners
- How do our “Touchpoints” impact our Students’ “Moment of Truth”?
- Seeing our University through the eyes of our Students.
- Identifying areas for improvement for Student Satisfaction within our “Touchpoints”
- Is our University really offering “Value for Money” to our Students?
- Self-Audit – How does our University measure up now? – Current State
- Creating a Culture where Kai-Zen (Continuous Improvement) Thrives
Group Activity: Student Touch-Points – Mapping the Student Experience
Sprinkling the “Magic Kingdom” Dust: Disney’s Service Principles
- The 10 Things that Disney would do differently if Disney ran your University
- Disney’s Award Winning’ Service Principles of Service Experience Excellence
- What are our Service Standards for “Student Experience Excellence?”
- How do our OWN Levels of Service Excellence Stack Up??
Group Activity: A Self Audit
Creating a Culture of Innovation and Service Excellence within your University
- How DO those guys do it? – Best Practice Principles of Innovation
- Apple / Nike / 3M / HP / Disney / Harvard
- Defining and applying the 3 ingredients of REAL Innovation into your University
- Apollo 13 – Definition of Innovation – Video
Student Experience Excellence requires Functional Team Working
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team – Working as a Functional Team for our Students
10 Lessons of Teamwork – from The Geese – Video
- Applying Winning Behaviours and Attitudes to our Student Experience
- DeBono’s Thinking Hats – Understanding Challenging Personalities
Experiential Activity: Levitation Challenge
Identifying and Understanding Personality Types
- The ABC of Managing difficult Student Behaviour
- Transactional Analysis, Neuro–Linguistic Programming: Professional Communication Techniques
Experiential Activity: Navigating the Impasse
Designing the ’10 out of 10′ Student Experience of Excellence at our University
- Utilising the Appreciative Inquiry and the Disney Creative Strategy to design a Student Experience of Excellence. Delegates will map the Student Journey of the Future and will identify specific ‘Improvement Projects’ for the delegates to be involved with and to implement post-workshop.
What does Student Service Experience Excellence Look Like?
- The Disney Creative Strategy – designing the Perfect 10 Student Experience Excellence
- Dreaming the Student Service Experience of Excellence
Group Activity: The Perfect Student Experience Excellence Outcome – Future State – using Appreciative Inquiry
The 4 Principles of Achieving the Student Excellence Experience – FISH! DVD
- Choose your Attitude
- Make their Day
- Be There for them
The FISH video / DVD has gone on to be the best selling training video/DVD of all time. Here is an extract from the Pike Place Fish web site: “For us it means going beyond just providing outstanding service to people. It means really being present with people and relating to them as human beings. We take all our attention off ourselves to be only with them…looking for ways to serve them. We’re out to discover how we can make their day. We’ve made a commitment to have our customers leave with the experience of having been served. They experience being known and appreciated whether they buy fish or not. And it’s not good enough just to want that – it takes an unrelenting commitment. We’ve made it our job to make sure that experience happens for every customer.”
These same FISH! Principles are now being applied to Universities and Colleges throughout the UK
Click Here for a Preview of this Award Winning Video – FISH!
Workshop Outcomes – Delegates will:
- Be inspired and motivated to shift their personal paradigm for Student Experience Excellence
- Consider your University through the eyes of a Student and create an Action List of improvements
- Learn the 3 vital ingredients to create a culture of innovation within your University
- Learn the 10 things which they would do differently…if Disney ran their University
- Explore Disney’s Principles of Service Excellence and Continuous Improvement and learn how to apply them to their University
- Create the “perfect Student Experience Excellence service” utilising Appreciative Inquiry Planning tools
- Learn how to build and/or contribute to high performance teams within the University
- Consider the relevance of breaking down silos in order to achieve Student Experience Excellence through the efficiency of Functional Teamwork
- Complete a Self-Audit of their own perceived Service competencies
- Explore Professional Communication Tools to enhance Student Service levels
- Consider the Service Principles of FISH! – the Award Winning DVD on Service Excellence and apply them to your University
- Be awarded with a CPD Certificate in Customer / Student Experience Excellence
Click here to download an overview of this inspirational workshop: Creating Student Experience Excellence.
The cost of this module is £895 + VAT for groups of up to 12 delegates. This cost includes all preparation, materials, workbooks and trainers expenses.
The above workshop is also available on-line and is delivered over Zoom or Teams over 4 x 90 minute sessions
Click Here to see the online Zoom format