Selling Skills & Key Account Management
“When Sales Intelligence meets Emotional Intelligence”
“People will buy from people they like.” Peter Drucker
They say that “sales” is the oldest profession in the world since it was Eve who “sold” the apple to Adam – and ever since, life has revolved around the commercial transaction of exchanging goods or services for money.
Over the years the sales process has evolved and various styles of selling have come and gone like a fashion. Most peoples’ concept is that to be a salesperson you have to be cunning, devious, extravert, have the “gift of the gab” and maybe… even slightly less than honest . Sadly, there are still companies who actively recruit sales people with the above characteristics, whereas, the most successful and proven way of sales professionalism is a long way from the traditional “Hard Sell” approach.
This one day workshop was designed and created by a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing and it not only looks at the traditional selling techniques of:
the traditional selling skills techniques of building rapport, closing techniques, consultative selling, handling objections, key account development, ‘making marketing work’ and Customer Service Excellence , it also includes the psychological aspects of developing emotional intelligence to our Relationships and People Skills.
As Peter Drucker once said “people will buy from people they like” and the addition of E.I. skills development enables sales people to; build rapport, strong business relationships and strategic customer relationships (rather than transactional relationships) which lead to stronger customer and brand loyalty with your Clients.
Dispelling the myth of the HARD Sell –
The Consultative Selling Approach to Sales. Applying Emotional Intelligence and psychology to our Key Account Development to increase Customer and Brand Loyalty.
Selling at an executive level doesn’t stop when the contract is signed. To develop the business and prevent attack from the competition, Major Accounts need nurturing. This Workshop illustrates how knowledge of various corporate cultures will give you a customer compatible approach that safeguards and maximises your account revenue.
The 10 Steps to Key Account Development
The workshop explores:
- Value Propositions
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic Partnerships
- Key Account Development
- Key Account Mapping
- Multi-level Selling
- Customer loyalty
- Choosing profitable, growth accounts to develop
- Understanding Buyers’ Sourcing Strategies
- Developing an account through 4 Stages from : Transactional, Functional, Affiliative to Strategic
- Identifying Cross-Selling opportunities using the Ansoff Matrix
- Choosing the correct Pricing Strategy to match the stage of Account development
- Product Portfolio Analysis Tools
- The role of Executive Selling in Key Accounts
- Emphasising your USP’s and Value Proposition
- “Don’t Sell the Sausage – Sell the Sizzle!” – Feature, Advantage & Benefit
- Applying psychological tricks to establish the ‘higher-ground advantage’
- Understanding the Personality Style of the Buyer
- Seeing your Company through the ‘Eyes of your Customers””’
Click Here for an Overview of this Workshop
Likely Cost: £895 + VAT per Group for 1 Day Course or £1,495 +Vat for a 2 Day course which entails Key Account / Product Mapping + £30 per E.I. Profile if required