3rd Sector Solutions
What is the third sector?
The ‘third sector’ is an umbrella term that covers a range of different organisations with different structures and purposes, belonging neither to the public sector (i.e., the state) nor to the private sector (profit-making private enterprise). You may have heard other terms used to describe such organisations – the voluntary sector, non-governmental organisations, non-profit organisations – particularly in public discussions around policy and politics. These terms all describe organisations which share the same fundamental elements:
- Non-governmental: although they often work with or alongside government agencies, and may receive government funding or commissions, third sector organisations are independent from the government.
- Non-profit: third sector organisations raise funds and generate financial surpluses in order to invest in social, environmental, or cultural objectives. They do not seek to make profits as an end in its own right.
- Values-driven: third sector organisations pursue specific goals which are often aligned with particular social and political perspectives. They may be associated with or work with political parties, but a political party is not a third sector organisation.
Third sector organisations include:
- Churches + Faith Groups: Leadership Academies, Leadership in the Church for Group Leaders, Creating Winning Behaviours, Developing personal, well-being and building stress-resilience.
- Community-Led Action Groups on Knife Crime, Street Gangs, ‘County-Lines’ etc
- Scouts, Guides, Cubs, Brownies, Beavers, Rainbows, CCF’s etc – Self Awareness, Other Awareness, Emotional Intelligence, Decision-Making and Problem Solving, Building Respect and Self Esteem, Self Confidence etc for members + Leadership Training for Group Leaders
- Youth & Community Groups – Creating Self Worth, Developing well-being, creating high performance teams etc
- Voluntary and community organisations
- Social enterprises and cooperatives
“Behaviour-Changing Games delivering Game-Changing Behaviour in Individuals, Teams and Organisations”
Where are you on this slide? – Are you in the FEAR Zone, the LEARNING Zone or the GROWTH Zone? – Who do you want to be during and post-pandemic? Do you know that you CAN still choose your behaviour and attitude – despite the anxieties and fears of COVID-19? Increase your own well-being, spiritual and emotional health by applying the principles of Positive Psychology into your life.
Hear what Ben Oliver, Executive Pastor of Kerith Church Bracknell, Berkshire about their recent Church Leadership Programme
Contact us Today to discuss your “3rd Sector” requirement on